Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Review

Another good day in the Adirondacks! Temps almost to 50F ! So Mrs.CigarMoose and I decided to kick back outside and burn some leaf.

Today I smoked an Ashton Heritage Puro Sol which I got from Turk. It's really good to have friends who share the same hobby as you, so you can trade back and forth.

Well, the description of the smoke reads as Dominican fillers and binder are combined with a rare aged Cameroon wrapper that gives this medium to full-bodied cigar a robust, rich, and tangy taste. The cigar has a strong shot of flavor on the nose with a dry and medium finish.

The wrapper was a medium brown with small veins throughout. The cigar was firm throughout the whole smoke, a first for any cigar I have ever smoked. It had a very nice almost seemless cap that clipped off clean. Prelight draw was slightly firm which got stiffer as I smoked it, almost to being plugged. Then almost to the nub it opened up again. A little too late for my tastes.

Upon light I was greeted with a mouthful  of nutty tastes and a bit of tangy citrus. As the cigar progressed coffee notes and nuts prevailed. Ash on this cigar was very firm hanging on tight almost to halfway point. I flicked it off for fear of it falling into my lap. After flicking, i was greeted with a very pointy cone. One word. Nice! the burn was perfect through the whole occasion.  I now am noticing a lingering after taste, like you would with coffee. Not unpleasant, but I rather have a clean finish.

Buzz rating I give a 7 out of 10. Nice little high which lasted about a half hour after the smoke.

Overall I give a 3.5 out of 5. It was a good tasting smoke, but the tight draw and aftertaste kind of turned me off. But the flavors throughout and the construction warrented the better than average edge.

Till next post.........Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment