Total Pageviews

Monday, June 13, 2011

Xikar Cutters

Ok, here is my third attempt to try and post this time. Every time I have tried to write this post, I get to the end and something happens (i.e. accidental key slip) and I lose the whole post. They say third time is a charm!

Ask anyone about cigar cutters and almost always the Xikar name comes up. Xikar makes a very good cutter in thier trademark teardrop shape.

I can from personal experience say these cutters are top notch, even for the basic model shown above, like the one I own. They are super, and I mean SUPER, sharp and durable . I have had mine for three years now and never had to have the blades sharpened. At one time it seemed like the cutter was getting dull, but a quick reference to the Xikar website had me clean the blades with rubbing alcohol. Tadaaaaa! The cutter was back to slicing the cap off my cigar with ease. Must be the oils or tar from the tobacco can gum up the blades.

I have literally dropped my cutter to the floor a thousand time with no problem, till about a month ago. That time it hit the floor and came apart! Now there isn't much to these cutters in the way of parts, but in my case, a little spring was lost. Fortunately for me, Xikar has an Iron Clad no questions asked lifetime warranty. If your cutter becomes dull or broken, just send them the cutter and they will sharpen, fix, or replace your cutter free of charge. And they will return it to you within a few days of getting it, so I have read. I have yet to send mine in, you know how it goes, you keep putting things off, but I will update this post when I do.

Basic models like the one above can be bought around the net for around $30 each or you can get 2 for $50 at a few online vendors. But if you have a little extra cash, you can get really fancy models, like the following, from $50-$100!


And for about $300 you can get one made with 10,000 year old mammoth tusk.

These are but only a few of what the company offers and they all carry the lifetime warranty.

Now it benifits you to register you cutter with Xikar Via thier website, not only for the warranty but because they will send you a nice little leather pouch for the cutter for free!

So there you have it! I finally got to the end this time! I truely recommend this cutter and if you purchase one, I know you wont be disappointed! Till next post.........Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment