Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Acid Subculture Beach Review

Hey all! This is a cigar I came across while in Orlando Florida a few years ago at the Corona Cigar Company store. This cigar is an exclusive made just for them by Drew Estate. If you have the chance to try one of these, you will not be disappointed.


First off, I would like to give props to the Corona Cigar Company store at the West Sand Lake Road location in the Orlando area. They have a very laid back atmosphere with one of the greatest selections of cigars I have ever seen. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable to the point of taking the time to walk a customer around the store and helping them make selections based on their preferences. And that's exactly what happened to this customer, me. Five star rating in my book as a store. 

Corona describes this cigar as: Bold notes of spice and sweetness, a long finish with herbal and creamy notes. 

Nice camaroon wrapper with slight veins. The cap is sweetened. The body and foot smell herbal like exotic spices. Mrs. Cigar Moose always says that the smell of any Acid cigars, this one included, is like spicy cologne. The cigar is slightly spongy, but more firm than spongy. 

Toasty notes upon light. Very mild and mellow. Notes of sweet almonds come through on the palette along with a hint of spice. Even burn with a grayish ash. The cigar became a little bolder with spice on the finish, but not so much as to make me not like it.  

At 5"x54, this cigar lasted  about 40 minutes. 

Buzz Rating on this cigar for me was 6 out of 10. Like I said before, mellow and mild.

Overall 4 out of 5. I like the taste of this one a lot. It's a nice deviation from my more medium to full cigars.  Very good with a clean finish. As described, it somehow, uncannily, reminds me of being on the beach. A nice mellow day in the sun on the beach, sort of feel good, type of experience. Good times!

Like I said before, these can only be had from Corona Cigar Company. So a box of these will set you back about $129, but you can get a 5 pack for $30. Well worth the 5 pack investment. Remember to think of the sunny beaches of Florida while kicking back with your favorite beverage and smoking this great cigar.

Till next post................Peace!

1 comment:

  1. The problem with today's tobacco is that it becomes harder and harder to find quality tobacco products. In Cigars for Less Club I found different offers and interesting information about all kinds of tobaccos and cigars. With great variety and really fast delivery I use their services constantly!

    ReplyDelete