Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Cigar Moose Back from the Dead!

 Hey all! CigarMoose is back from the dead! 

It's been 10 years since I started this blog. And I truly apologize that it's been 5 years since I have posted anything. Life happens and things fall to the wayside and are forgotten. So with my new logo in hand I am starting up again.


Let's face it...... These are trying times, hard financial times. If anything, we cigar smokers are in a tight squeeze trying to find affordable smokes with cigar prices soaring through the roof, as if there is a tobacco shortage like in the 90's. 


Have you seen the prices at your local shops rising? Have you seen online retailers slowly raising their prices for the last 5 years steadily? I've seen cigars like CI Legends Copper Label go from a starting price of $50 a box (and we thought that was expensive at the time!) go up in price to $100 a box! Outrageous! Now I am not oblivious to the fact that the FDA has imposed some strict rules on the tobaccos industry. But even then does that justify the doubling in price in cigars by retailers? I don't feel it is.


So now, more than ever, is a time that I feel the need to get back on track and search out for decent priced sticks (by today's standards), that I can find and pass on to you with a review. Now that doesn't mean I won't be reviewing more expensive sticks. Let's face it, we all are willing to pay the price for something we haven't had yet, within reason. 


But for the most part, I am always on the lookout for bargain priced good smokes.  Let's be honest, before the big rise in prices, I always tried and often found good name brand cigars for under  $6 a stick. At $7 a stick I was pushing out of my comfort zone. Today though we are all being forced to pay above that as the norm for singles more and more.


So in the next week I'll be getting together with Meatloaf to review a couple of cigars to get us started.


I am hoping in the future to try and add video reviews. Also I would like to update you all on how the Cigar Lounge came along. 


Stay tuned!


Till next post........ Peace! 


No comments:

Post a Comment