Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

ARTURO FUENTE Opus X The Lost City Cigar Review

Yes my fellow Brothers of the Leaf (and sisters), you read it right, ARTURO FUENTE Opus X Lost city cigars! This is a very rare and expensive cigar. You can buy a box of 10 for $300 or get a 5 pack sample box for $150, which comes with a business card holder. This my friends is a $30 cigar, which came compliments of my very good friend GMan, who came back to his roots for a visit. Thank you is not enough!



In 2004 Andy Garcia filmed the movie, "The Lost City" in part on Chateau de la Fuente in the Dominican Republic. Carlito rolled these OpusX cigars from the same crop that was filmed five years ago for Andy, also an avid cigar lover. Rolled with a Dominican wrapper grown in only one vintage harvest year, this special edition OpusX is available in only a handful of sizes with only 500 boxes shipped per year.

The cigar is described as :  The Lost City a distinctive experience for any cigar connoisseurs, no matter what their taste or preference. Lost City remains full-bodied from head to foot with a toasty character thoughout. Perfectly blended, you will find each and every Lost City smokes, burns and tastes the same from box to box as they expel earthy nuances with hints of spice. Packed full of Dominican long leaves, all limited and rare, OpusX Lost City is one of the rarest blends ever released to date.

Usually I dont like to review cigars which are this expensive, I like to talk about cigars we can all afford. But this cigar was sooooooooo good I had to review it, so that by chance if any of you lucky enough to get your hands on one, by spending the cash or getting one as a gift, you could know what to expect.
First off I would like to say that this cigar really surprised me! Usually Dominican tobacco to me is much too mild. Not this stick! The wrapper was flawless, I couldn't help notice the oily sheen staring back at me. the body firm.  It had that nice barn like aromas. Prelight draw on mine, a churchill, was medium, with slight rich tobacco tastes and chocolate.

Upon light I was greated with a nice smooth nuttiness. As the cigar progressed, it kicked up a little more twards medium with a lingering spice on the pallette. The cigar pretty much kept a level taste of earth and nuts, with that slight spice on the tongue. Large Volumes of creamy smoke filled the air with this one. It never became harsh. Like a dry wine, it left the mought a little dry, but was very clean, with good amounts of smoke. 

Buzz Rating I give a 8 out of 10 : For a Dominican I was greatly surprised.

Overall I give it a 4.5 out of 5: I know I didn't say too much about this cigar, but thats only because it was quite unchanging throughout, very consistent. I feel this is a great cigar, not for everyday of course due to the price point. But if ever get a chance to splurge, pick one of these up, treat yourself. You wont be disappointed!

Until next post............Peace!




No comments:

Post a Comment