Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chapstick and Cigars?????

Hot muggy weather has struck our region this week! Great for enjoying the pool or a cigar by the campfire, but not so good if you have to work!

So you might be asking "What does chapstick have to do with cigars?" Well, I find that chapstick is an indespensible tool when it comes to cigars.

Have you ever had part of the wrapper peel or come off a bit with the band? Or have you ever clipped the head a little too much and it starts to unravel? Chapstick would be your best bet at repairing your cigar. Any chapstick will do, which ever floats your boat, I prefer something with a slight mint taste or my personal favorite Mr. Zoggs Sex Wax sold online or any Ron Jon Surf Shop, which has a slight coconut scent..


Lets take for example, you clipped the head a bit too much and its starting to unravel. Take a generous bit of chapstick on your finger and put it under the lifted wrapper. press the wrapper to it, smooth it out, and put a bit of chapstick to the outside of it. Wala! Your cigar is fixed. It acts as a glue and seals the wrapper. I find it lasts all the way through the smoke and if it is a repair to the body of the cigar, it burns no problem as the cigar progresses. What ever flavor you choose never seems to impede the flavors of the cigar, in my opinion. You can even repair a patch on the body with that cap you sliced off, so dont be too quick to toss it away!

This is a technique I have used for about a year and a half now. I got it from a cigar news letter I get in my email from Cigaradvisor.com. Every week they have a new tip along with cigar reviews. Its a very worthwhile read and I recommend it to all my Brothers and Sisters of the Leaf.

Hopefully some of you find this as usefull as me. Till next post.............Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment