Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Camacho Triple Maduro

A fair 57 degrees brought me outside today to light up one of my absolute favorite cigars. The Camacho Triple Maduro. Now I must start by saying this is only the second one I smoked ever, because they are so pricey, but they can be had for very reasonably prices in sampler packs.

The first time I had one of these gems was about a year and a half ago due to a program from Camacho. It was called "the Black Band Project". You had to watch 3 videos online over the course of 3 weeks and then they sent you a 3 cigar sampler all which had black bands titled "A", "B", and "C". You tried them and then a few weeks later they revealed what they were. I found all the cigars to be really good, but this one, labeled "B", was by far the best of the trio.


Looking at the cigar, I must say its wrapper is flawless. It has a dark maduro wrapper which is flawless with slight veins. The cap on this one was a little sloppy as it is a bit lifted in a couple spots, but nothing to worry about as I'm clipping it off with my newly repaired Xikar cutter. The last one I smoked had a flawless generous cap, so I'm not sure what happened to this one in production. The body has a sweet tobacco aroma and its foot is of sweet chocolate. With an effortless cut of my super sharp cutter, the prelight draw is good and tastes of rich sweet tobaccos.

Upon light I was greeted with an explosion of spice. Right off the get go you get strong peppery tastes with a blast through the nose. Don't worry though, it quickly mellows out to a nice peppery taste to the palate.

It produces a silvery/black (which I call "dirty") ash. I must say that this cigar produces volumes of smoke!  Definitely medium to full bodied. Woody tones with dark chocolate notes are coming through.  The ash is really tough! I had to wait till it was almost 2 inches in before I could flick the ash off, only to be rewarded with a perfect cone. That maduro sweetness is always present as it just floats on the back of the palate. On the last inch of the cigar its strength increased to a definite full body. Also on the end I got more of that dark chocolate more prevalent than before. On that last couple inches, it became sort of harsh and the flavors were a bit muted. So I used a technique I learned from the Cigar.com newsletter. What i did was blow through the cigar to get the harsh smoke out, then resumed smoking the cigar. Wala! The flavors all came back with no harshness! I smoked this cigar right to the nub, which despite its strength had a very clean finish with only slight lingering tastrs.ges.

Buzz rating on this baby gets a 10 out of 10! Whoo! What a buzz! This one left my head swimming and made me stumble a few steps when I got up! I gave it the same score the last time I had it with the Black Band Project.

Overall I give this cigar a 4.5 out of 5. Why if it's so great you may ask? Because my absolute favorite cigar was the Jericho which was also produced by Camacho and then discontinued. I always compare all my cigars  to the Jericho. But that's another review. So now this cigar is the new sheriff in town.

The only thing I don't like about this cigar is the price tag. At $214 to $254 a box of 21 cigars from various online sellers, it's quite a sticker shock. But never fear, you to can have these cigars at greatly discounted prices in samplers as mentioned above. Right now at Famous-smoke.com, go to the view online catalog and enter key code SN602, for the month of October you can get samplers at a great price. One is the Full body sampler #1 for $20 which contains 2 Camacho Triple Maduros, 2 Oliva Cain F cigars, and 2 Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 cigars. All really good cigars! The Camachos alone are about $15 a piece if you were to purchase them alone in singles. Another good buy is the Full bodied Wingman #1 Sampler which you get 5 Camachos, and 5 Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 cigars for $31. So don't delay! October is almost over and so will the deals!

Till next post............................Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment