Total Pageviews

Friday, October 14, 2011

La Perla Habana Black Pearl Limited Edition Maduro

Hello all! As promised, I will be starting to post reviews again after such a busy summer. Fall is upon us and in my mind perfect weather for burning your favorite stick near a backyard bon fire.

Today I bring you the La Perla Habana Black Pearl Limited Edition Maduro. This cigar came compliments of FratBoy.



Now I couldn't find any description for this cigar at all from anywhere. The only picture of it I could find was from Cigars Internatinal, the only place I could see you can even get these. And they are only obtained by buying a box of La Perla Habanas and adding them as a 5-pack for $1. So if you like the La Perla Habana line and are looking to buy a box, make sure you add these to your cart.

First off, they are an oily and dark maduro wrapper with veins throughout. It has a very generous wrapper. Prelight aroma is the typical hay/barn smell to the body and much the same only a bit sweeter to the foot. 

Upon light I was greeted  with a nice nutty medium spice. Further along a chocolaty aftertaste lingers on the back of the palate. Mellowing out, it still gave a a nice slight spice through the nose. 

It had an easy to medium draw producing a silvery black ash and a decent cone. The burn throughout was very even.

Mild to medium in body. The finish was a bit strong with a lingering taste. 

Buzz rating on this cigar I give an 8 out of 10. A nice present feeling.

Overall I give this cigar a 4 out of 5. Very nice. I am relatively new to the La Perla Habana line, but I am liking its brands very much. I don't really care for a lingering finish, but this cigar had very good tastes and construction. I would recommend if you haven't tried this brand yet to get yourself a sampler. You won't be disappointed.  

Till next post.................Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment