Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

Gurkha Park Avenue Maduro

Back again this week with another cigar review for Gurkhas Limited Edition Park Avenue Maduro. I am quite a fan of the Park Avenue cigars and was very excited that they decided to make it with the maduro wrapper. Cigars International had a special on these cigars for $10 off a box so I jumped at the chance to grab some to try.


According to CI's description it is brimming with rich, smokey,spicey, and sweet flavors.




It has chocolate brown wrapper with medium veins. It has a sweet straw like aroma to the body and a sweet chocolate aroma to the foot. The band came of perfectly with little resistance and not damaging the wrapper. For the first time , I used a V-cutter I purchased from Famous-Smoke.com for $1.50.


For such a cheap cutter, it made a perfect V in the end of my torpedo. I'm not sure if this is the style of cigar to use it on but it was worth the try.

Prelight draw is easy to medium and its airflow tastes of sweet tobacco. Upon light, mild sweet tobacco tastes come through with slight pepper. I am really surprised at the mildness of this cigar. As I smoke it, the draw becomes tighter so I decide to use the Xikar cutter for a regular cut. I opens the draw much better and I get much more volumes of smoke. The ash fell off about an inch in producing a decent cone. The ash is whitish and flaky. 

The cigar progressed to a more medium body with more peppery taste, especially through the nose. The smoke has a sweetness to it which can be tasted on exhale and can be detected in the air. Slight woody tones are coming through. Second ash flicked off produced a sharp perfect cone.

Halfway through, I it really started to pick up in strength! Definitely medium to full. Lots of spice through the nose with chocolate tastes to the palate. 

The cigar finished clean with just slight lingering tastes. 

Buzz rating was an 8 out of 10. Very nice buzz going on here.

Overall I give this a 4 out of 5. This cigar was tasty, and very eventful with it starting out mild and then slowly building in strength. 

You can  get this cigar from Cigars International and Cigar.com. A box of 20 will run you about $60 from both vendors, and a couple times a year they can be had for $10 off a box. Cigar.com offers a sampler of 3 regular and 3 maduro of Park Avenues for an outstanding deal of $20! So do yourself a favor and pick up a sampler, you won't regret it!

Till next post............Peace! 


No comments:

Post a Comment