Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Gran Habano Siglo 3 Review (Sort of)

Finally had a cigar the other night with a very good friend of mine, "Meatloaf", at his place. He is fortunate enough to have an enclosed porch which he heats up with a portable heater when he wants a smoke. It was the first cigar I have had in a long time since the winter came and slapped us in the face.

We ended up having a Gran Habano cigar that he got from a blowout sale, because the band they had put on it had to be taken off due to a lawsuit against them. I believe they are the Siglo 3 cigars. They actually were pretty good. I know they are a bit more expensive cigar, but at a blowout price they are a bargain. This isn't an official review, as I didn't keep any notes, I just wanted to enjoy the cigar with my buddy, so here is what I can remember.

These were Churchills, nice oily wrappers, and firm to the touch indicating well packed. Upon light you are greated with a good dose of peppery spice which mellowed rather quickly in a matter of a minute or so. Still with a bit of pepper, you get slightly sweet earthy tastes. The burn was really even with a decent draw, and a firm ash which held on very good despite the lack of a good cone. The cigar  produced delightful plumes of creamy smoke with each puff. It was definately medium in strength. One noticable trait of the cigar noticed by Mrs. Cigar Moose later that night was that the smoke produced smelled really bad, even though I didn't notice as I was the one smoking it. So it's not a crowd pleaser. So after I was made to decontaminate (Shower, brush, and clothes change) I noticed that the ending was a clean finish on the palate and didn't linger.

Buzz rating on this one I give a 7 out of 10. Not real strong but enough for you to just feel its effects.

Overall I give this one a 3.5 out of 5. Better than average, but not the best I have had. And I don't want to say that in a negative sounding way, because it was quite enjoyable.

Till next post..........Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment