Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Victor Sinclair Bohemian Bamboo Cigar Review

It was such a nice break in the cold weather today I decided to have this cigar. So I started up the outdoor heater in the garage and fired it up! I obtained this cigar from my friend "Turk" for Xmas. It's good to have "Brothers of the Leaf".

Now this cigar can be obtained through Cigars International but as of this review could only be bought in the big 6" X 60 ring gauge for $49.99 for a bundle of 20. It is described as draped in a delicious, super-smooth Connecticut shade wrapper. Paired with a mellow blend of aged Dominican long-fillers, this mild to medium-bodied blend delivers a rich and flavorful smoke that’s smooth, creamy, and brimming with notes of cedar, pepper, and coffee.

Mine was in the Robusto size of around 5" X 50. The natural wrapper was a bit veiny and the cigar was very firm throughout. Prelight aromas were of sweet tobaccos and the draw was slight effort.

Upon light and throughout, Woody notes were abundant. The burn was slightly uneven and produced a blunt cone. The ash remained firm throughout and first dropped off a third of the way through. Now I have just started to practice to wait till the cigar has warmed up from smoking to remove the band, and when I did this with this cigar it still managed to take some of the wrapper with it. A minus in my book for construction. Also while smoking it, I could hear a noticable crackling like a camp fire when I would take a draw. I then noticed that it was coming from the damaged part of the wrapper, causing the cigar to start to crack unravel. Another minus.

Still with these flaws the cigar produced alot of creamy smoke. And the description of the flavor profile was right on with what I had. Coffee and woody cedar were noticable with a mild Jalepeno pepper sting to the tongue starting about halfway through.. Definatley mild to medium in character.

Unfortunately for me, when I had about an inch and a half left, The propane in my heater expired and I was left with a setting sun and and dropping temps. So I tossed the rest of the cigar as to avoid freezing to death.

Buzz Rating was sort of low with a 4 out of 10, but by no means took away from the cigar.

Overall  I give it a 3 out of 5 mostly because of the construction. But it did hold up in taste and had nice volumes of smoke, and to me that is more important. I might just have had a bad wrapped cigar.

To date I have yet to have had a bad Victor Sinclair cigar, and this was no exception.So try it yourself and form your own opinion. Till next post..........Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment